Portal Battleground

Indians are busy watching possible astonishing victory over Australia in cricket test match. Everyone, so am I, was involved so madly in that, I didn’t get the time to write about another interesting battle going-on in the portal world.

Are you getting what I am talking about? No. uhhhh. I am talking about the discussion going on the topic of Portal framework. People from eXo platform are claiming that there is nothing new in the proposed service framework for Jetspeed. Most of the design ideas are taken from eXo itself. It is a quite interesting remark. But it is very difficult to find out who is right and who is wrong. This claims and disclaims will go on for few more days.

I have not gone through the code so I cannot comment much on it. But one thing I can say is whenever one should take ideas/ codes from another Open Source Project, he should explicitly mention about it. Please let me know your opinion.

If you are interested in going through the discussion, you can check “Service Framework Proposal” thread on Jetspeed developer list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Web Clipping for Portals goes Mainstream

Firebase upgraded properties are not yet supported in Google Analytics App

App Worth Calculator - App Price Estimator