Java Portals and EAI

Sorry for being away from this blog for quite a while. I am busy in researching various different tools and technologies. Although my objective for all this exercise was to find some enterprise application integration solution for my problem yet I never strictly stick to the objective. I experimented with WSRP (Web Services for Remote Portlets), Workflow Management & BPM (Business Process Management), "Bowstreet Portlet Factory" and "Clickmarks Portlet Factory", Web-clipping technology, all with Java Portals. In fact, after all this exercise I found that Java Portals can be extremely beneficial solution for EAI problem.

There are lots of integration methodologies and technologies available like messaging, and web services. But I found that in most of the cases portals can be the best integration technologies. I have found that completely desperate systems can be integrated with portals. We tried integration of application written in Microsoft with the help of WSRP technology. We tried integration of PeopleSoft with "Clickmarks Portlet Factory" and we tried integration of SAP applications with "Bowstreet Portlet Factory." We also tried web-clipping portlets available with IBM WebSphere Portals for integrating our in-house applications. In all the cases it was straightforward and less time taking process compared to other integration methodologies. In my opinion, only portal technology can make it so fast and easy. Clients can be convinced due to fast migration process to portals. Anyway these are not the only advantages of using portals, in fact there are many but for that I'll have to write a book :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Web Clipping for Portals goes Mainstream

Firebase upgraded properties are not yet supported in Google Analytics App

App Worth Calculator - App Price Estimator