Enterprise Portal Trends

Enterprise Portal Market Research - Part I
I am out of it for quite a while now. I was busy in doing some market research pertaining to enterprise portals. So in last few days, I found some interesting facts, and probably that will be the basis of my upcoming posts. I started with identifying contemporary portal trends. I found following trends in portal marketplace -
  • Convergence of portals from aggregators to integrators
  • Smart Applications suites vendors and Applications platform suites vendors competing for market share
  • Adoption of Portal-related standards among vendors offering interoperability
  • Emergence of open source portals as strong contenders
  • Adoption of the portal as a core-computing platform
  • Aperture of portlet Marketplace

I am sure few portal experts will be reading this entry too. So I'll be more than happy by getting their opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Web Clipping for Portals goes Mainstream

Firebase upgraded properties are not yet supported in Google Analytics App

eXo Portal Merges into JBoss Community